This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure for more info.
Twice a month, Say Hello To America will be showcasing the voices behind destinations all across the United States and the city they represent. This week, say hello to Tamra Corbin, the voice for Branson, Missouri. Tamra has lived in Branson for 12 years, but grew up in southwest Missouri. She has worked for the Branson Chamber/CVB for 9 years.
1. What time of year is best to travel to Branson?
March through December is when the largest number of theatres and attractions are open. Christmas is one of the most popular seasons to visit beginning November 1 and running through December. The Christmas shows, light displays, and incredible shopping all make Branson a great place to celebrate the holidays.
2. How would you describe the people of Branson?
“Authentic Ozarks Hospitality” means we are friendly and accommodating.
3. What is your favorite and least favorite thing about Branson?
My favorite thing is the variety of entertainment. There are so many different things to do, you’ll never get bored. I don’t think there is anything I don’t like about this town.
4. What is Branson’s most famous landmark or attraction?
Silver Dollar City! The 1880’s themed park has been around since the 1950’s and has won many national and international awards. Even the folks who don’t know much about Branson have at least heard of Silver Dollar City.
5. Name one “secret” location that a traveler must visit.
One place that visitors might not realize has so many things to do is the campus of College of the Ozarks, dubbed “Hard Work U” by the Wall Street Journal. From a working grist mill to a fruitcake and jelly kitchen to the Ralph Foster Museum, regarded as the Smithsonian of the Ozarks, it really is a place where you could spend a whole day. I graduated from the college a few years ago…
6. What is the best/easiest mode of transportation to get around the city?
We have a free trolley system that operates in the downtown and waterfront district. But, your own car is a good way to go everywhere as parking is easy and convenient.
7. Is there any festival or event in Branson that a traveler should specifically plan a trip around?
One of the newest festivals in town, Festival of Wonder will debut this spring at Silver Dollar City with amazing acts of curiosity and larger-than-life performances; all billed as “A Most Amazing Entertainment Experience.”
8. What are the best family-friendly attractions that Branson has to offer?
Everything in Branson is Family Friendly.
9. What is Branson’s signature food that every visitor has to try?
One of my favorites has to be the Gooey Butter Cake at Level 2 inside the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel.
10. If I only had one day to explore Branson, what MUST I see or do?
Make sure to see a show, visit a museum, explore one of Branson’s many shopping districts and see the light show on the Branson Ferris Wheel in the evening.
Connect with Explore Branson
Facebook: Explore Branson
Pinterest: Explore Branson
Branson News Twitter: @bransonmonews
YouTube: Explore Branson